It’s competition time again! As summer is in its peak and photographers are steam ahead capturing precious life moments, we decided it would be the perfect time to run a photography portfolio contest. Wondering what a portfolio contest is? Well, find the answers below!
UPDATE: the contest is extended through August 16th. Enter now for your chance to win amazing prizes!
Well, not really. The goal of the Defrozo Portfolio Contest 2015 is to challenge merely your presentation skills as you create an online photo portfolio that best conveys your photographic identity and makes viewers want to connect with you. Summer is a busy season for most photography enthusiasts, so use this opportunity to select your best shots and create a photo website meant to impress.
Who can enter
Everyone! Whether you’re a pro or an enthusiast who just bought the first camera, challenge your photographic skills and enter the contest!
There gonna be 4 (four) winners in this contest, each one will receive the following prize bundle from Defrozo and the contest sponsors:
Defrozo Ultimate Pre-Order Pack
Retail value: $49
Win 1-year prepaid subscription to Defrozo’s most feature packed “Ultimate” plan with the locked-in rate of $4/mo. Activate your subscription anytime after Defrozo release in the mid-Fall 2015 and get private access to the new features as we develop them. More details on the prize.
PhotoTraces Premium Lightroom Preset Collection
Retail value: $39
Win an amazing collection of 20 one-click Lightroom Presets designed to cover most of your landscape (sunset, sunrise, seascape, etc) or portrait session scenarios (wedding photos, individual and group portraits, outdoor and indoor portraits, etc). The download pack also includes a set of utility adjustments to help you customize the look produced by the PhotoTraces Lightroom Presets. You will be able to choose between the Landscapes and People collection upon win. More details on the prize.
Customizable Facebook page template by TemplateMonster
Retail value: $59
Make your Facebook business page reflect your brand identity with this editable Facebook tab template from our valued partner, TemplateMonster. The template is designed as a photography portfolio which surely makes it a titbit to win. More details on the prize.
99 Posting Tips Cheat Sheet
Retail value: $29.99
You can win yourself a copy of Photodoto’s bestselling eBook containing 99 effective poses for male, female, and couple photo sessions. Written by a professional stock photographer with over 10 years of experience, George Dolgikh (writing alias George Bailey), this posing cheat sheet will become a handy resource in your photographer’s toolkit. More details on the prize. FilterGrade Photoshop Actions Bundle
Retail value: $49
Get yourself an ultimate pack of 220 FilterGrade’s best-selling Photoshop actions divided into 11 series. From subtle tint effects to dramatic light leaks, you’ll find plenty of impressive effects to enhance your photos. More details on the prize.
How to enter
Step 1. Create a free photography portfolio on Defrozo using the following guidelines:
1. You can use an unlimited number of albums and sets, but keep the structure reasonable and appropriate to the total number of images.
2. Make sure your images have intelligent captions instead of random IMG_00001 kind of titles.
3. Add a descriptive About Me page. No need to write a novel here, but we’d like to know the creative person behind this awesome portfolio.
Step 2. Submit your portfolio using one of the following methods:
1. Publish the link on our Facebook page
2. Publish the link on your own Twitter, Facebook timeline, or Google+ profile using the tag #defrozoportfolio
3. Email us the link to your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry deadline is July 31, 2015. All links submitted after that date will not be considered.
Note: existing Defrozo users can submit their current portfolios as long as they meet the above mentioned criteria, no need to create new ones.
Jury and judging criteria
We’ve assembled an expert team of photographers and marketers, including Viktor Elizarov from PhotoTraces, Katarina Klementi from TemplateMonster, Mike Moloney from FilterGrade, Nancy Young from Photodoto, and our very own Demetrio Fortman to select the winners of the Defrozo Portfolio Contest 2015.
Contest entries will be judged by the following criteria:
1. Design. A high voting score here is achieved by customizing a website theme in a way to match and emphasize the site’s content.
2. Presentation. The selection of photos for the main page, their sequence in galleries need to be executed the way to cause the most visual impact on the viewer.
3. Content. Winning portfolios will be the best at creating emotions and communicating the author’s artistic vision to the viewer.
1. Contest Duration Entry deadline is Friday July 31 at 11:59 PM EST. Winners will be announced on or about August 7.
2. One entry per person.
3. You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all image submitted. No worries, you will keep the rights to your submissions by entering the contest.
4. Screenshots of winning portfolios, select image examples, and photographer’s information will be published online on Defrozo Blog and Defrozo social media channels.
The well-known fashion photographer Reka Nyari once said: “I’d recommend budding photographers to put up a basic site as soon as they have a few images they are proud of. Basically, as early as possible.”
So use this opportunity to challenge your presentation skills, get feedback on your work and promote your brand by entering the Defrozo Portfolio Contest 2015. Good luck to everyone and let the most impressive portfolios win!